Search Engine Optimization Tips for Beginners
Article marketing can be difficult and if you do not have the best search engine optimization tips, you may struggle with getting traffic. SEO can make a huge difference in the traffic you get to your website and the money you make from it. This is a very important ingredient for your online income and you cannot skip it. You need to have the top search engine optimization tips to help you make the cash you need by getting higher ranking on the search engines. This could be what lands you in the number one spot for your keyword on Google. It could also be what makes the difference between making a few hundred dollars a month and a few thousand.
- Use Long Tail Keywords– You may know what these types of keywords are, but you should know that this is one of the most important of the search engine optimization tips. A long tail keyword is a keyword phrase with at least three words in it. If you can find keywords phrases with 4 or 5 words in them, they will be even more targeted for you. These are easier to rank for and bring in higher converting traffic.
- Use the Keyword Properly– Many think that to use proper SEO you should just shove the keyword into the article or post as much as possible. This can do more harm than good and you have to have a balance. You do not want to use the keyword too much or too little. Use it in the title, first sentence, last sentence and about once every 150-200 words. This will give you the proper balance for better ranking.
- Build backlinks- Probably the most important part of SEO after you have put up a good post or article is to build backlinks to it. This can be done in many different ways and a backlink is simply a link from another website to the specific article or post you are working on. You want quality backlinks because they carry more weight.
- Write Quality Posts– One of the search engine optimization tips that gets ignored is to write quality content. This is very important and gone are the days of throwing up short articles in hopes of ranking and getting traffic. Now you should be writing at least 500 words of useful content in every post. The more the better, but it has to be useful and natural.
- Post Often- When you have a blog or website and you stop creating content, then the search engine spiders stop coming to your site. This means that you are not getting any change in your ranking. Once you post to your website or blog daily or every few days they stop by much more often. This also happens when you build backlinks and this will help your ranking for sure.
If you want to rank on Google and other search engines, then you need to use the search engine optimization tips that are stated above. Combine these with the top SEO trends and all the other good tips you find that are not gray or black hat and you will be able to get your articles and sites to the top of the rankings.